Following on from successes in both 2017 and 2018, Erewash Sound is aiming to make it a hat-trick of honours at the 2019 Community Radio Awards.
Last year, the radio station scooped four awards from six nominations at the event held in September in Sheffield. whilst in 2017, four nominations led to top three category honours.
During the 2018 awards, Jeannie Nicolas picked up ‘Gold’ for Young Presenter of the Year, whilst just minutes later, 2017 nominee, Emma Snow, collected ‘Silver’ for Entertainment Show then ‘Bronze’ for Female Presenter sparking wild celebrations at the Erewash Sound table in the auditorium.
Success continued when 2017 award winner Mark Jarvis collected a 2018 ‘Gold’ for Male Presenter of the Year and as a reward for his success, he will be hosting the 2019 ceremony, understood to be held at Media City in Manchester in September.
All three are former students of the Erewash Sound Academy which gave them relevant training in radio presentation and production – none of them had any previous radio experience before joining the Academy.
For 2019, Erewash Sound has collectively given itself a good chance of achieving further success through entries submitted as follows although some entries go up against those from fellow presenters!
- Anjelica Dabbs – Young Presenter
- Canaan Trust Sleep Out All Nighter – Community Show
- Clare Smiley – Newcomer
- Deb Marshall – Entertainment Show
- Emma Snow – Entertainment Show
- Emma Snow – Female Presenter
- Emma Snow – Young Presenter
- Erewash Sound Presents 2018 – Outside Broadcast – Live Event
- Jeannie Nicolas – Female Presenter
- Lewis Allsopp – Newcomer
- Lewis Allsopp – Young Presenter
- Lucy Brierley – Female Presenter
- Lucy Brierley – Entertainment Show
- Paul Stacey – Male Presenter
- Steve Rawlings – GEMS – Specialist Music Show
- Tom Lamb – Young Presenter
- Treetops Takeover – Community Show
The deadline for submissions passed on Sunday 16th June 2019. Details of nominations for either a Gold, Silver or Bronze award, should be released in August ahead of the ceremony the following month.
Wish us luck!